Monday, August 24, 2009

All moved in!!!!

After weeks and weeks of prep work, we finally moved into the new house!!! Tuesday morning the Elders Quorum from our ward came to our apartment around 8. They loaded everything into a truck and then unloaded it. They were done by about 10:30. I think I will get help every time we move now. Before we got married, I moved about once or twice a year and every time I had help from my family but this was SO much faster and easier! 

We had some help from John's parents and my sister getting us unpacked. We still have a few rooms to organize but the main things are in order - bathrooms, kitchen, living/dining room and our bedroom. We just need to organize the extra bedrooms and then we will be done!!! Although at the moment we aren't feeling a lot of pressure to get that done. Now that the main pressure of getting things ready to make the house livable is gone there isn't a lot of incentive to organize the junk that we can just lock away and not have to look at. I guess I am spoiled with all this extra space. We took a few pictures of how things are coming out and will have to post them soon. I keep promising pictures but I am having a hard time following through :S

In other news, the new semester started this morning. I am going to be a TA this semester over an Honors Biology lab and we have been having a lot of organizational meetings for it. Our first lab will be next Monday and I am looking forward to it. John started classes this morning too. He wised up to the undergraduate life and decided to start his classes a little later in the day especially now that we live farther from the school. I think it should be a pretty good semester.

3 comments:

Candice said...

I can't wait to see your pictures!

The Morriss Family said...

Congratulations guys! Can't wait to see your new abode with all your new improvements and your decorations! Enjoy it guys! Good luck in school!

The Ashment Family said...

Congratulations on getting moved into your new home! I am looking forward to seeing pictures!