Saturday, January 1, 2011

My New Year's Resolutions

I will post later about everything that happened here for the holidays but for now I wanted to put in writing my new year's resolutions:

Physical:
1. The Goal: Get fit and make exercise a priority.
The Plan: Exercise 3- 5 times per week and increase intensity as necessary
2. The Goal: Lose 10 lbs: my pre-wedding weight (why does marriage make us fat?)
The Plan: Reduce calories, eliminate junk food and exercise
3.The Goal: Don't drink my calories.
The Plan: Drink more water. No soda or sugary drinks (an occasional hot chocolate is okay but that's it!)

Mental:
1. The Goal: Keep up to date in my field
The Plan: read articles and websites weekly to see what is going on and stay fresh on terminology
2. The Goal: Learn a new subject
The Plan: Spend my down time more productively and use online and audio lectures to learn a new subject - I am excited to pick something new to learn about :)

Spiritual:
1. The Goal: Read scriptures more regularly
The Plan: Just do it! Haven't come up with anything good yet :S
2. The Goal: Make our home more Christ centered
The Plan: Read scriptures and pray together, have FHE weekly and monitor what we watch on TV

Finacial:
1. The Goal: Put more money into savings
The Plan: Stick to a budget and prioritize needs over wants. No impulse shopping.
2. The Goal: Budget more effectively
The Plan: make a budget that we can stick to, evaluate the budget each month, use only cash on expenses to help track money more easily

No comments: