Sunday, May 31, 2009

The temple and poker

We started off the weekend by going to the Temple on Friday night. We left for Orlando around three and usually when we are going to the Temple we are in a hurry and don't have time to stop anywhere beforehand (which I know makes John secretly very happy). I have been wanting to visit Old Time Pottery for months and this time we finally had time for a quick shopping trip before we went to our session. After shopping we still made it to the Temple a little after five. As we sat waiting for our session, John's brother Burt and sister-in-law Lydia walked in unexpectedly and ended up being in our session - guess it was fate that we ended up going shopping beforehand so that we could be in the same session. During the session, I was able to do the work for my great grandmother.
After our session, the four of us went to Downtown Disney for dinner. We walked around for a little while trying to decide what we wanted to eat. We were going to try the Rainforest Cafe (which is the only picture we got) but the wait was an hour and a half - not gonna happen. We kept looking a found a place called the Earl of Sandwich - bet you can't guess what they served. Anyway, we got sandwiches which were pretty good and then walked around a little more. We even got to sample some chocolate in the Ghiradelli store. It was a good evening but I don't think that I will be visiting Downtown Disney on a Friday night for a long time. 
Saturday John and I had some friends over to play poker. We had invited a mixed group of our single friends but it ended up that the guys that we invited couldn't make it so it ended up being John, myself and four other girls. Any single guy probably would have enjoyed themself but too bad for John that I get him all to myself :) It ended up being a pretty good evening even without other guys though. We had lots of laughs and some really good food. I ate so much candy though that I was sick to my stomach after everyone left. I think it was worth it though. 

No comments: