Saturday, October 16, 2010

Traveling

The last few months has been filled with traveling for John and I. We have made several trips to South Carolina to start the moving process and to visit Carrie, Brian and Shayla. I also made a trip out to Arizona for 10 days to visit my brother Jeremy and his family and to see his new son's blessing. Then we went to Florida to visit John's family for his parent's 40th Anniversary party.

My mom, dad, sisters Carrie and Kelley, my niece Shayla and I went out to visit my brother Jeremy and his family for about a week and a half. Jeremy and Jamie had baby #3 in late July and it was a little boy named Carter Allen Morriss. He was about 5 weeks old when we got there and TINY! I forgot the made them that small. We stayed at a time share for part of the time we were there down in Sedona. My parents and Jeremy's family traded off going back and forth between the time share and their house in Sedona. Carrie and I stayed there most of the time and we had a good time swimming and hanging out. This is the view from the center of town. I had a lot of time to spend with my nieces and we took them to play at the mall playground one night.

Makayla is almost 4. Natalie is 2 1/2 and Shayla is 18 months. They loved the little carousel at the mall that you put quarters in.

I am not sure why I don't have any pictures with Jeremy and Jamie or any of Carter. I know we took family pics but I think they ended up on someone else's camera. Oh well, trust me, he's a cute baby. He actually looks a lot like Makayla which I think is really cute that you can see the resemblance between them.

The weekend of Sept 24th we went back down to Gainesville to go to John's parent's anniversary party. It was a surprise party and our job was to make sure they got to the party on time. It was kind of crazy getting them there but we did and the party ended up going well. We also got to be on Bruce's (John's dad) radio show that morning before the party - we are celebrities now:)

After the party, John and I met one of our friends and went to Gator Walk before the UF-Kentucky game. Gator Walk starts two hours before the game and all of the players and coaches walk through and give high fives to the crowd. We were right at the front and got to touch pretty much every player on the Florida team (again note how I said we are celebrities now). We got tickets for free from John's work for the game. They were high up but ending up being pretty decent. Sunday morning we went and visited John's grandma and he gave her a wooden toy he made for her. We got to eat lunch with her (well she got to eat). Then we went back and had a big family dinner at the Gordon house.
Last night we carved pumpkins at my friends Jana and Dave's house. We probably take pumpkin carving more seriously than most people and that could be seen in the fact that I was still carving our pumpkin at least 30 minutes after the other two couples had finished. John took out the guts and I did the carving because last year I did the guts and he did most of the carving.

Jana, Dave and baby Tate carved a bat. Jenna, Josh, Cameron and Carter carved a cat. This is our AWESOME pumpkin!!

No comments: