Saturday, October 30, 2010

We LOVE Halloween!

John and I carved pumpkins a few weeks ago with two other couples and just didn't get it out of our system (see previous post). Today was the ward Trunk or Treat party and they had a pumpkin carving contest. John and I being the competitive people that we are decided that we wanted to enter. We each decorated a pumpkin. Mine was a headless horseman with a flaming pumpkin head and John's was a witch making a potion and putting a newt into the cauldron.


HEADS UP
EYE OF NEWT

We also dressed as Beauty and the Beast. I pulled my Belle costume out of the vault and we turned one of John's suits into a Beast costume. We spent quite a while painting his face this afternoon and I made him some furry hands which shed everywhere and were super fun to wear since he couldn't really pick things up with them on. He won the scariest costume and my pumpkin won the carving contest. A few people wanted to get pictures with us in our costumes which was cool but a little weird when we didn't even know some of them. One little girl looked at my costume and I think she thought she was in Disney World. A lot of kids were scared of John with his face painted but a couple kids wanted to pet his hands. All in all I think it was a pretty successful costume.

Also, for John's work they had a little halloween party on Friday. He dressed up for that as an 80's workout man. His costume was very... uh, interesting. I don't think he knew they were doing a contest but he won first place and got a $25 Home Depot gift card.

No comments: